vented caliper conversion

I need to convert my Discovery to vented disks (because I thought it already had them and bought vented cross-drilled disks). It makes no difference, because had I known I had solid disks I would have chosen to convert to vented.

Rather than replacing the calipers with vented ones, Warren has suggested some spacers for the existing calipers (as they are in good nick).

I can get these from Scorpion Racing or Zeus Engineering. Anyone used either and care to comment?

TIA

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

Scorpion will probably take your money, send you the wrong part and then refuse to talk to you and admit that they have done so.

Can't tell that I'm bitter about a certain anti-roll bar that was supplied with the wrong polybushes can you?

Avoid. "Colin" in particular, until he sends me the right bushes!

Regards

William MacLeod

Reply to
William MacLeod

Hmmm,

I've avoided vented discs because when they fill up with nice wet mud, it turns into nicely cooked, hard as hell to get out mud....and the venting system ceases to function...

But it does make nice pottery :)

Neil

Neil Brownlee

I'm hoping that the cross-drilling will help to prevent that.

Of course, vented cross-drilled disks might have been very popular with the woman you ran into the back of!....

;-)

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

Hi Tim, I have the Zeus vented disks, and have a friend who has the same on his disco. Mine is a manual and his a auto, and we both notice significant improvement in normal driving, and an extra comfort when towing. My friend tows a horse trailer with 2 lge horses, plus 4 adults in the auto disco, and has not had any problem with brake fade, which you can get quite easily with the original brakes.

Cheers

Phillip Simpson

Reply to
Phillip Simpson