Very silly question.

Have a look at the first question on the above listed land rover. I thought it was very amusing.

Reply to
Samuel

A serious potential bidder maybe??!!!!

Stew.

Reply to
90ninety

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 16:55:40 +1100, "Samuel" scribbled the following nonsense:

especially as its listed as a Landrover 110, which is extremely clever for a series 3!

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

"Simon Isaacs" wrote >

Rust expands!

A £620 bid for that and it's not enough, and someone suggested £500 for my SWB was perhaps too much!

Reply to
Bob Hobden

In message , Samuel writes

Maybe it's not such a daft question, considering that Land Rover have made 2-wheel drive vehicles. I came across one many years ago when I was desperately looking to buy my first, very second-hand Land Rover. After travelling miles to see various promising-sounding ones that turned out to be a load of rust and tat, and becoming more and more dejected in the process, I got quite excited when I found a very good looking SWB (Series IIA, if my memory is correct), only to find it was

2-wheel drive, and had left the factory in that form.

Some years latter, I mentioned this to Land Rover's sales department when they ran an advertisement in the national press stating that Land Rover had only ever made 4-wheel drive vehicles and therefore were

4-wheel drive experts. They admitted some 2-wheel drives had been made but as they were for special orders (some military and airfield use, I think they said), they didn't count.
Reply to
Peter

I do recall reading something about that. They had the standard transmission and transfer case, but the front output shaft just had a plate blanking it off. What was the front axle arrangement? I assume all the suspension was the same.

Sam.

Reply to
Samuel

gives the full SP.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Hi Group, I can confirm the use of Landrover 4x2 vehicles for airfields use. In our experience it was a waste of time people got bogged down on the grass surrounding the airstrip, also got stuck in icy conditions. Then 4x4s were purchased only to have drivers using fourwheel drive on the tarmac so the front propshaft was then removed. Alan

Reply to
Roberts

Yeah, it's a 109 innit? TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

Peter wrote in news:ArLF6zD5rv $ snipped-for-privacy@invalid.invalid:

The Belgium army had a few hundred 4x2 88" SIII soft top Land Rovers. Over here in the Netherlands they are popular because of the limited slip-diff in the rear axle and the fact that the cars didn't do much (offroad) kilometers. Ofcourse the first job is to make 4x4 of the car :-)

Gerard

Reply to
Arcus

...and TonyB spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

Yeah, and that extra inch really matters, as a friend once told me.

Reply to
Richard Brookman