vibration on drive

Rubbery vibration on drive not when coasting. suspect u joint or probably flex disk looks like it may have a small crack near where the bolt goes I think it has about 50k miles on it. I dont know if its an easy or hard job to replace it. Been doing it for awhile nowTia advise

Reply to
Peter

Peter

Reply to
Peter

And again in English?

Reply to
SimonJ

I think the flexible drive coupling may be worn and breaking up, not a job I've had to do but relatively straightforward provided the bolts are not siezed. Acid test is to load the coupling and see how bad the separation is a small split at rest can be rather worse when several 100 ft lbs are exerted. Off the top of my head I can't think of any problems though I would try to ensure the two sides of the yoke are replaced as they are currently fitted mark them clearly I may be over cautious but prop shaft balance worries me. torque setting is 78Nm for the bolts and the WSM suggests removing the propshaft to do the job? Derek

Reply to
Derek