Virtually free Series 2a 88" Tax exempt to good home

Hi everyone

A serious change of circumstances has caused me to rethink my plans. I have owned this 1966 Series 2a for about 5 years, run it for 3 then took it off the road. I started to dismantle it last autumn, the front wings and front panel are off, as is the hardtop and windscreen. the doors have been removed and the rear tub mostly undone. The engine ran prior to me starting the dismantle though it has no radiator now. The machine is SORNed and very original.

I last used it mostly as a grass cutting machine and roller puller, I am a cricket groundsman. I have 3 children, 1 of whom is in a wheelchair and it is no longer a practical vehicle for her to be a passenger in, for handling, safety and insurance purposes, so my plan to restore the machine is a waste of time and money.

I have been offered £100 as a scrap vehicle but this would make me weep to be honest. If anyone out there wants it, they can trailer it and its bits away for the same sum or less as long as the buyer promises not to scrap it.

The engine/box is fair, the axles worked fine in all gearing combinations, the brakes are u/s and need rebuilding. The chassis is phuct as is the original bulkhead unless you are a very good welder. I do have a virtually new remanufactured series 2a bulkhead from John Craddock which cost an arm and a leg and is for sale separately for an arm and half a leg. I have various other bits, including a brand new rear pto unit to put onto the box (Iwas going to use it to drive a new set of gangs on the outfield).

If you are interested in a project which will take hours and hours, talk to me. It would break my heart to see this machine scrapped so I'm offering out to you guys first. There are no time constraints. It's been on my drive for two years and it can easily stay another six months. It's not on ebay or advertised elsewhere.

You are basically taking ownership of a vehicle identity for a very genuine

2a 1966 almost totally unmessed with. It is still on a dynamo with +ve earth electrics even.

Contact me on eddy.bayton AT btopenworld.com if you are interested, or ask any questions. I will be very honest in my reply. I am in Lancaster, 2 miles from Junction 34 of the M6.

Thanks all (boo hoo! )

Eddy

Reply to
Eddy Bayton

Commiserations Eddy, I wouldn't have the time and inclination to attack another one now but otherwise would have. It's taken me long enough to change the rusting front axle casing on me old RRC this week. Positive earth? No wonder the chassis is knackered, you should have changed the polarity ages ago. :-)

Martin

Reply to
Oily