Wales - To Boldly go....

Not long now :0)

Got the Caravan back today from some warantee work which they didn't do... another story!

101 Is now definately not going still short of bits and about to get a compression test tomorrow such is my confidence in the lump.

Gotta swill the pavillion sheeting off from the oversray from Alfie, Pack the van and get some drinkypoos :0)

I'm not excited at all.... much... Lee D

-- Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiam. Winston Churchill

'76 101 Camper '64 88" IIa V8 Auto '97 Disco ES Auto LPG'd '01 Laguna

Reply to
Lee_D

:o)

Steve, did you get anywhere with costs of renting one of there vans? If not I'll phone tomorrow.

Graham

Reply to
Graham G

Sniff sniff.................

-- Subaru WRX Landrover 110 County Station Wagon (Tyson) WTB a clean RRC pref 3.9 or LSE 4.2

'"gimme the f*ckin' money"

Reply to
Nige

so Lee_D was, like...

Gonna be MUDDEEEE! It's been lashing it down all day today - Welsh news said Pembrokeshire has had 4 inches in less than 18 hours. Been for a spin in the Disco to see what's what. Road almost impassable both ways, so I may not get to work tomorrow (!). Cars drowned in the usual flood-prone spots, but inches of standing water on roads that normally drain freely. I have never seen so much water on the roads in my life. The Disco's underbits have never been as clean, either.

Ooh, Mum, can it be Friday, can it be Friday, pleeeeease?

Reply to
Richard Brookman

On or around Tue, 11 Oct 2005 19:25:57 +0100, Lee_D enlightened us thusly:

I've got a compression tester...:-)

hehe.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Tue, 11 Oct 2005 21:17:42 +0100, "Richard Brookman" enlightened us thusly:

hehehe. Went through a small ford this morning in the minibus which is normally about 3" deep and it was at least 15". I'd not have fancied trying to walk through it.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Hi Graham, No reply when I have tried to ring yesterday AND today. I do hope they aren't cut off. Must check the OS map and see what the lie of the land is.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

During stardate Wed, 12 Oct 2005 12:48:23 +0100, Steve Taylor uttered the imortal words:

Yeah...any one got a pump ;0)....

White water rafting down a mountainside is feasible from my last trip through wales.... though stopping may be an issue.

Lee D

-- Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiam. Winston Churchill

'76 101 Camper '64 88" IIa V8 Auto '97 Disco ES Auto LPG'd '01 Laguna

Reply to
Lee_D

Did speak to someone there just now - still no price, but apparently our bit of the site is OK !

You've got bar grips too ?

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

If only... Some tw*t has parked a battered old Escort _right_ on the corner - making it hard for anyone to get in or out of our cul-de-sac and I'm somewhat tempted to give it a large purple stripe...

Reply to
Mother

During stardate Wed, 12 Oct 2005 09:28:07 +0100, Austin Shackles uttered the imortal words:

That the lathe?

One of the lads from work had a clearout and gave me one of his. (Comp tester)

I unloaded all the Caravan clutter from Morph today back in to the caravan then took him for a run. After tightening a loose spark plug he was much much happier.

:0)

Lee D

-- Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiam. Winston Churchill

'76 101 Camper '64 88" IIa V8 Auto '97 Disco ES Auto LPG'd '01 Laguna

Reply to
Lee_D

Reply to
Graham G

During stardate Wed, 12 Oct 2005 19:47:18 +0100, Austin Shackles uttered the imortal words:

As much as I'd like to say yes...no , he still has weaping oil cooler pipes (damp with oil rather than a drip so far) and I spotted a coolant pipe which also needs to be replaced. I had hoped to order some from the club but unfortunately the club don't do them (despite listing 'em). This has kind of wrong footed me as I've now got to get the old ones off and refurbed, I was hoping to keep him on the road as much as possible given Percy is now U/S.

I'm also waiting on some **AHEM** spark plug leads, though they aren't as suspect as I'd previously thought I'd like to get him running top notch before dipping my toes into the gas conversion water.

Due to the list of unfinished tasks I've also been unable to drop him off with my favorite HGV Trailer builder to fab me some super duper tow bar reenforcements to create a V to the chassis rails from the drop plate to save this.....

Oh yeah.. I'd need to hijack an oil tanker too!

Disco it is :0( but at least it's a landie...still no off roadin though.

Good news is the Carb refurb seems to have breathed a new life and much nicer tickeover into the old boy.

Lee D

-- Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiam. Winston Churchill

'76 101 Camper '64 88" IIa V8 Auto '97 Disco ES Auto LPG'd '01 Laguna

Reply to
Lee_D

Hooligan!

Reply to
Dougal

£26 per night, but we just booked the last one. A four berth one for the two of us :o)
Reply to
Graham G

Which 'uns ? The metal jobbies to the heater matrix ?

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

During stardate Wed, 12 Oct 2005 20:58:57 +0100, Steve Taylor uttered the imortal words:

Yep to the oil cooler in front of the rad.. If my memory serves me right they are braided ones.. not prodded too much... most trips underneath have been to recover carb bits.

Lee D

-- Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiam. Winston Churchill

'76 101 Camper '64 88" IIa V8 Auto '97 Disco ES Auto LPG'd '01 Laguna

Reply to
Lee_D

Superb news... Now, where are Charlotte and Emma going to sleep?

Reply to
Mother

During stardate Wed, 12 Oct 2005 15:49:09 +0100, Mother uttered the imortal words:

"Winch demo...winch demo!"

:0)

Would make a good Sky documentary.

"When 101 owners go bad"

High on my list of desires is a set of those rubber buffers fitted to motorway Police Rangies on the front chassis legs. Now they would provide hours of fun.

Alternatively I could fix Percy an get another tin of Hammerite.

Lee D

-- Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiam. Winston Churchill

'76 101 Camper '64 88" IIa V8 Auto '97 Disco ES Auto LPG'd '01 Laguna

Reply to
Lee_D

LOL

Emma recons it has two double rooms and a sitting room. If thats the caese you are welcome to have one of the rooms as long as there is room for brother in sitting room. He had asked first.

Reply to
Graham G