Wanted : 200TDi Engine

Hi,

I am in need of a good 200TDi to transplant in to my Sis-in-Laws Disco (she has totalled her engine).

If any one has an engine for sale, or knows where I can get one at a reasonable cost, please let me know.

Many Thanks

Andy SIII 109SW - Larry

Reply to
Andy

Just picked this up on another forum (DOC) :

"A friend has had their 90 stolen from their house just outside Didcot.

Please keep your eyes and ears open.

It's a very distinctive 90.

Defender 90 in Real Tree Cammo with full roll cage, reg no:M19 0LR.

The guys house is pretty isolated so it's thought they did not find it by chance, so be sure to keep an eye on your own steeds and lock them up.

If you see or hear anything to do with the 90 please contact the police on

0845 8505505 or email me direct snipped-for-privacy@arb-services.co.uk"
Reply to
The Neffalump

Thieving bastards, I hope they get it back.

WTF is real tree cammo?

Reply to
Simon Barr

First you chop a tree down ...

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Bring me a shrubbery! :-)

Reply to
Simon Barr

A commercially produced camouflage pattern from the USA, used by their hunters. While it looks quite effective in photographs I've seen, it seems to depend on matching real trees, a much more photographic level of detail than in military cammo patterns, and may not be so good at breaking up shapes.

I've mostly seen it in connection with airgun hunting, where you have to do a fair bit of stalking (but effective ranges aren't so different to a shotgun) and it can be applied to the gun as well as clothing.

References to Les Barker and "I can't find my camouflage net" would perhaps be a little insensitive in the circumstances.

Reply to
David G. Bell

Is this the stuff?

Pete Foster

Pete Foster blabbed to everyone:

Here's a good pic of a D90 wrapped in the stuff.

Pretty distinctive. I'd think it'd be hard to hide.

Tony

Reply to
tony

LOL, not much good as camouflage then .. ;)

I'll get me coat ...

Reply to
Paul - xxx

According to the specs on the site, it is "easily removable for 5 to 7 years"

Whether that means that it will peel off easily within 5 to 7 years without damaging the paint....

Also states that it will not damge the paint underneath, so if this is the stuff that he used, then a few minutes with a heat gun would have it very saleable again.

-- Simon Isaacs

Peterborough 4x4 Club Vice Chairman, Newsletter Editor and Webmaster (how much more....)

3.5V8 100" Hybrid, now LPG converted Part owner of 1976 S3 LWT, currently under restoration Suzuki SJ410 (Girlfriend's) 3" lift kit fitted, body shell now restored and mounted on chassis, waiting on a windscreen and MOT Series 3 88" Rolling chassis...what to do next 1993 200 TDi Discovery (the Pug 106 is dead, long live the Pug)

Peterborough 4x4 Club

Simon Isaacs

I'm sorry but its rubbish! Reminds me of some of them wheelie bins you sometimes see with leaves and stuff on! I think its very naff, but...each to their own! I hate the way the pattern repeats itself often ruining the camouflage effect.

Reply to
Wolverine

I have a 200TDi engine taken from a stolen and recovered discovery that has done 68000 miles with the intercooler and radiator included for arround £850 Regards

Brian Tonks Tonks4x4

27-29 Main Street Huthwaite Sutton-In-Ashfield Nottinghamshire NG17 2LD 01623 452885

Brian Tonks

Guess I asked for that. Ok, let's try again.

It'd be hard to hide *in the city*.

I keep a tarp in that same pattern for hiding my D90 when out at the ranch. Without the GPS I wouldn't be able to find my own truck sometimes.

Tony

Reply to
tony

Ni!

Reply to
Richard Brookman

: >>> WTF is real tree cammo? : >>

: >> First you chop a tree down ... : >>

: >

: > Bring me a shrubbery! :-) : : Ni! : : -- : -- : Rich : : Land Rovers : Boat : Dog : Wife : Rockery : Shrubbery : Kids - in that order

Reply to
Graeme

LOL - had to read that twice before I got it.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

This type of camo isn't designed for large objects.

Steve

In article , Richard Brookman writes

Oi! You can't go saying Ni! just anywhere you know. There might be an old woman reading it.

Er, sorry.

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to