Wanted, disco 200 door.

Anyone got a decent 200-series 4-door front door?

Father's managed to naff up one of mother's, by rolling it back into a wall with the door open. I've straightened the door enough for it to work but it'll never look right.

K reg motor, if it makes any odds. AFAIK I can transfer all the various componentry.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

: > Father's managed to naff up one of mother's, by rolling it back into : > a wall with the door open. I've straightened the door enough for it : > to work but it'll never look right. : >

: > K reg motor, if it makes any odds. AFAIK I can transfer all the : > various componentry. : : What colour? You never know your luck :-) : : Though I usually find one the right colour the week after I've bought one : the wrong colour :-( : : These may be worth a try.... : :

or this lot

(if you've got a disco it can be worth the membership fee to get the discounts at places)

Si

Reply to
GrnOval

Austin Shackles uttered summat worrerz funny about:

What colour? You never know your luck :-)

Though I usually find one the right colour the week after I've bought one the wrong colour :-(

These may be worth a try....

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Or there's Hi-Range, Litchfield - 01283 792302 (no connection).

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

On or around Mon, 9 Oct 2006 14:55:20 +0100, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

condition more important than colour - I can always get it resprayed; I'd rather a really good door with no corrosion or damage and the wrong colour than an iffy one the right colour.

cow-turd green, more or less. I doubt that's what land rover called it mind. Not a common one.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Yes. In Green. Yours for the postage, or you can collect. ;-)

Reply to
EMB

Austin Shackles uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Also try these then, they usually have four or five in.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Mon, 09 Oct 2006 13:56:45 +0100, Austin Shackles enlightened us thusly:

passenger (near, left) side BTW.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On Mon, 09 Oct 2006 20:22:53 +0100, Austin Shackles scribbled the following nonsense:

if its the metallicy one, its Carrigada Green

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Reply to
Andy Sargeant

On or around Tue, 10 Oct 2006 06:31:04 +0100, "Andy Sargeant" enlightened us thusly:

similar colour to the one on your lift in the picture...

aha. You might be the source for the wheels I'll be hopefully wanting...

6½ or 7" steel wheels, 16", with 2" more offset than standard LR 90/110 wheels. i.e., I want the inner edge of the rim to be 2" further from the centre line of the vehicle. I guess they could be 15" as well, for all that

- I could put 31-10.5s on it. I've had 7"x15" white 8-spokes with more offset before, but I don't know how much it was.

It could be done with spacers, if such are available, but rims built like that would be better. I may yet end up either getting 'em made or making 'em meself...

Had a look at some series FC rims the other day, and while they're wider, the "inside" looks the same as standard 109" rims, i.e. all the extra width is on the outer side, so no good.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

where d'ya see that? The only page I could find was this one:

I'm in the market for some Disco bits and Andy is just down the road from here.

Reply to
William Tasso

On or around Tue, 10 Oct 2006 11:11:30 +0100, "William Tasso" enlightened us thusly:

there's a disco on the lift which is similar colour to the one I'm after a door for. Mind, I can go and look at it now...

... Eskdale green.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

further to the door question I see the nice Mr Beamends has door skins... what sort of a job is it to change one?

since I managed to straighten the frame enough to get it to open and shut normally, this might be the best answer. Means getting it painted, but it's apt to need that anyway.

Reply to
Austin Shackles