WANTED: Field near Cambridge (for Hire/Autotest)

Hi folks,

"We" (Cambs Uni Automobile Club) are looking for a field/open space to hold an Autotest in, somewhere within ~100 miles of Cambridge and sometime in late April/early May or early November this year.

It would need to be at least 250x250m (preferably 400x400m) and reasonably flat/smooth/well-drained. Ideally it'll be 500m+ from built-up areas. The event would be held on a weekend (either Saturday or Sunday but not both) and to the relevant MSA regulations.

As a bunch of students we're not particularly solvent (!) but would be able to pay for use of the field, and /will/ provide our own insurance cover. I wouldn't expect any grass to last very long but shouldn't think there would be any damage that wouldn't disappear within the season.

If you have an open space/know of anybody with such an open space/know of anybody who knows somebody with such a space etc then please get in touch; my email is:

marko cosic.org.uk

and the club's competition secretary can be reached via:

dykm2 cam.ac.uk

Cheers,

Marko

Reply to
markocosic

The brother-in-law of a model I often work with has a field somewhere near Bristol, let me know if this is a suitable area and I'll pass-on your details to him via her. He uses the field for arseing around in a suzuki, wish I could afford a ruddy field just for arseing around in hey ho.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
MVP

In news: snipped-for-privacy@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk blithered:

You could try Wildtraks, not too far from CB! However, I think its now almost exclusively given over to bikes.

Reply to
GbH

I'd like a field too, then I could be outstanding in my field ;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

My favourite Viz cartoon

"How long have you been working in this field, Professor?"

You can draw the cartoon yourselves....

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

I'll get your coat.............. ;~)

Nige

Reply to
/\/ / & E

heheheh

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
MVP

No, the 'mummy, do you believe in cod' was superb!

(it was a picture of a baby fish & mummy fish swimming for all you thickies!!! ;~)

Nige

Reply to
/\/ / & E

Wildtracks have done rallycross (to natoinal B std!) in the past, but still haven't got back to me - probably code for we don't want to deal with you bluddy students... LOL! Thanks for the lead though!

Reply to
markocosic

"The brother-in-law of a model I often work with has a field somewhere near Bristol, let me know if this is a suitable area and I'll pass-on your details to him via her."

Its further away than we'd like, but I'll see how many people would be prepared fr the trek and get back to you, cheers!

Marko

Reply to
markocosic