Warning from 'Man on a Mission' posted on 'uk.rec.cars.4x4'

"Hi, If anyone out there in Landy Land find Land Rover or Range Rover parts for sale in North Wales please beware. There is a guy just outside Conwy who has about 20 Landys that he sells parts off but the part you buy is never the part you get. I found out tonight that he sold a 4.8 V8 engine out of a racer after showing it to the guy running, he swapped it for a seized one on delivering it to the guy and has made off with his £1,500. You will never get any money back off him as normally he will never let you see where he lives and you only get a mobile number for him. He is normally advertising in Quids in and Loot. If you do manage to get anything off him there is also a good chance its stolen anyway, he was caught with a stolen Disco and a Range Rover on his farm at the same time not long ago but got away with it after telling the Police he had 'Bought them not knowing they were stolen'. He is sometimes calling himself DJ 4x4 Spares, if you are at any events in the NW area you will probably find him competing there.

3 years ago he sold me parts for my 90 after stealing one to sell me the parts off (without me knowing the bits were stolen) and then taking a reward off the owner for telling him where the stolen parts where. If you have been had by this guy please drop me a e-mail and I can point you in the direction of where he lives and give you his name should you wish to contact the Police, he is well known by them having served time."
Reply to
Wolverine

Thanks, it was only posted here 4 fecking times on the 18th.

Course, make that 5 times now.

Reply to
Mother

oh yeahhh! I see it now. Sorry Mother.

Reply to
Wolverine

I hope the original doesn't turn out to be a libel trap.

By reposting it you would be culpable and liable.

Word to the wise, an all...

Reply to
Mother