Water in Driver Footwell

Disco Series II V8i 2002:

Intermittent (and so far untraceable) water leakage into the driver (RHD) footwell is becoming exasperating! I just can't trace it, and hesitate to rip out all the centre console and carpeting etc.

Any ideas? Is there any form of overflow from the heating / aircon system that could be responsible? How about a blocked drain hole?

GAJ

Reply to
Gordon James

|| Disco Series II V8i 2002: || || Intermittent (and so far untraceable) water leakage into the driver || (RHD) footwell is becoming exasperating! I just can't trace it, || and hesitate to rip out all the centre console and carpeting etc. || || Any ideas? Is there any form of overflow from the heating / aircon || system that could be responsible? How about a blocked drain hole? || || GAJ

First thing to look for is a blocked drain hole for the aircon. There are two tubes leading down from the passenger compartment either side of the gearbox. Get underneath and look around with a torch - they're a bit awkward to reach IME. Poke some wire up and be prepared for a faceful of water. Dry out your carpets and keep an eye on it. Very common problem, and easy fix.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Reply to
karangahape

It was a heater matrix in my Disco. Expensive job too. TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

With a 'nym like that you're either a displaced Kiwi or you've been conned into naming yourself after the red light district in Auckland.

Reply to
EMB

check the bulkhead especially where the innerwing joins they are prone to rust in that area easy way is to pull up the carpets and take a look if its not obvious run a hose gently over the area under the wheel arch and on top of the inner at the join one solution of many Derek

Reply to
Derek

I have had this problem for a couple of years now. Thought I had stopped it a while back by re-sealing the windscreen, but it is back. Only when the Disco is parked on the drive though.

Reply to
Cyberwraith

I hope it isn't that! I did say the "first thing to look for" - IME 9 times out of 10 it's something simple. The trouble is, the 10th time it's a wallet-breaker.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

On or around Thu, 19 Oct 2006 19:49:18 +0100, "Richard Brookman" enlightened us thusly:

If it's anything like the disco I then it's a dash out job. I did it on the

200-type, takes about 4 hours start to finish. Might be a bit less if you knew what you were doing.

dunno what sort of a job it is on a disco II. It has been observed, with some justification, that the first part of many cars fitted is the heater matrix, i.e. everything else is fitted around it.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Gordon James uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Wait for the dry season before crossing?

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D