Water leak from roof of Disco 1

I have a 96 Disco and it has developed a leak which issues from the rear offside loudspeaker. I cannot see how it's occurring and I was wondering if anone else had any experience with this. And no I haven't been playing Handel's Water Music on the stereo!

Cheers, Tony

Reply to
Tony

Normally leaks are around the safari roof windows or the sunroof. Then the water travels down the pannels to the first point it can form in to a torrent.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

I had similar issues with apline windows. Got some stuff called 'Seek & Seal' from marine stores, like a white liquid that you squirt along the rubber seal, it goes in under the rubber and semi-sets inside, stopping the water going in any further. Marvellous stuff. Although if you dont have any metal left around the window then I guess this aint gonna perform miracles

Reply to
Tony L

Sounds similar to Captain Tolley's Creeping Crack Cure

This is a very thin clear liquid that draws itself into fine cracks by capillary action then sets. Does work but does require fine cracks not ones that would take filler. May need repeated applications as well.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

What a brilliant movie on that website for Captain Tolleys creeping crack cure - no expense spared

Reply to
Tony L