Water Pump

Hi Groupies,

I have rather strange grumble noise coming from my V8 3.5, using the screwdriverscope it seems to be from the water pump, could a water pump on its way out make a grumbling noise? can i leave it until it stops completely or replace asap?

Thanks

Roger

Reply to
Rog

On or around Tue, 27 Jan 2004 13:13:24 +0000 (UTC), "Rog" enlightened us thusly:

yes, if the bearings are on the way out.

you can leave it but not for long, eventually it'll leak or seize or both.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Totally agree with Austin. We had one on a V8 that rumbled then leaked. I changed it before it got too bad or seized. From what I remember there are about 13 different models for the V8 over the years. Richard

Reply to
Richard

In my experience they tend to blow just as your on a long run, when it gets hot... your miles from home and usually need to be somewhere else

:-(

Fortunately all those experiences are non Landrover to date.

Lee D

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D