Water Pump Bolts

HI

I have lost 2 bolts from the water pump on my 87 RR V8 EFI......

The 2 go though the fan belt adjuster part, the waterpump, and the timing cover. For this reason, they are 51/2 and 6 inches long.

I have been a LR garage to order them, and have been told thta they are 10 english hard earnt pounds each....

Is this really the price??!!!

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Find out what size/thread they are (use one of the non-lost ones as an example) and go to your local nut & bolt shop!. They'll probably charge you pennies for the bolts. I've done this to get odd nuts and bolts for my cars. It has usually cost me 50p for whatever i've had.

Reply to
Tom Woods

Can't be - the chap at the parts desk probably can't read. The list I have here has them at £1.73 or thereabouts.

Also says they are 5/16th UNC which might be handy if you want to get them at your local nut and bolt place like Tom says.

Regards

William MacLeod

Reply to
William MacLeod

On or around Thu, 30 Oct 2003 09:14:23 +0000 (UTC), "Mark Solesbury" enlightened us thusly:

find out if it's an imperial- or metric-thread engine, source bolts from bolt dealer. I'd imagine yours is metric, but might not be. Early ones are UNC/UNF while later ones are metric - if early, it's 5/16" UNC with 1/2" heads, if metric I imagine it'll be M8x1.25, 13mm head.

Reply to
Austin Shackles