Waxoyl - how long to dry?

Just done one inner wing & what horrible s**te this stuff is. How long until it's dry?

Reply to
Nige

Dinitrol is faaaaar better- goes off much quicker and offers better protection.

tim.

Reply to
Tim..

Depends on what you mean by "dry". I did all the various petrol and LPG tanks of the 101s last summer - they're all still a little tacky to the touch... "Dry" as in "not going to badly drip off" is give or take a day or so - quicker if plenty of air can get the solvent away.

Reply to
.mother

Bloody hell! Must be something better for general use then, it will wash off every time i go deep underwater with my new fangled snorkel type thingy!

Reply to
Nige

How is it applied? Is it like a shutz type thing?

Reply to
Nige

Your header From: is set to '.mother ', if you're trying to hide, you'll need more than a leading '.'!

That is such a nerd thing to say, sorry..

Mostly shows up as a leading space in my news reader which is odd.

BTW what's this about another 101 then? I missed that one?

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

No, it's too nerdy for words and you're reading far, far too much into it - there's nothing to hide, and nothing hidden. There's a 'name', and there's a perfectly valid, unmunged email address... :-)

Reply to
.mother

Hi Martyn - long time no read. 'S been a long time, unless I have missed smething very significant.

Flaternal Gleetings.

Rich

Reply to
Rich B

Nothing really significant - apart from getting a very small amount of 'life' back :-) Hope y'self and the bearer of astonishingly good garlic bread are both well.

Reply to
.mother

You can't call me a nerd with a domain like that!

Neeeeerd!

You ought to get a better website on it though..

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Never better, thanks (for 50+ values of "better"). The GB monster has had a shoulder op which has left her a bit shabby, but she's on the up now.

Reply to
Rich B

Must be the season for 'broken women'. Charlotte has a pot on her arm after breaking some bone or summat, and having an op last week to wire it up. Still, robust things are these land rover women, - mind, I had to unforget what actually goes on, in that 'magic room' where the food comes from and am thinking about pitching an idea to the BBC for a new Saturday morning cookery prog... Give our best to Di, and have a good few virtual G&Ts to help the mend :-)

Reply to
.mother