waxoyling

yes, I know I should have done it in the summer. How the heck am I supposed to get the underside dry & clean enough to smear on waxoyl in this damn weather? Any ideas?

ta mike

Reply to
Mike T

in article btgevb$6t3q4$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-173294.news.uni-berlin.de, Mike T at snipped-for-privacy@rowing.org.uk wrote on 7/1/04 8:11 AM:

Hairdryer? ;-)

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

Why is it that only a woman would say that?

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Nod

A male suggestion would have to involve a barbeque, liquid oxygen and

1/2 gallon of petrol as a minimum.

David

Reply to
rads

in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, rads at snipped-for-privacy@xxnospamxxdavidradley.freeserve.co.uk wrote on 7/1/04 11:25 AM:

To get a response like that ;-)

Or a blow torch or hot air paint stripper...all of which could cause serious damage to the car and to the owner.

Other suggestions are to wait until the weather gets better, but if you feel its that urgent, then a dry garage for a few days.

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

Attention seeker...

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Twas Wed, 07 Jan 2004 14:31:37 +0000 when Mother put finger to keyboard producing:

How about a paint-shop drying shed, assuming they are not using it.. just a thought.

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk

Mr.Nice.

If you get it very clean by using a pressure washer it will dry fairly quickly even in winter. Windy weather is really good for drying. If its still a bit dirty this will slow down drying considerably. To get it pressure washed try looking up "steam cleaning" on yell.com to find a firm which cleans trucks and trailers and take it to them for thorough pressure washing.

Cheers Chris Parkinson

Chris Parkinson

But isn't the most important job to get the inside of the box sections coated using their spray hose with the waxoyl "watered" down with white spirit. It also runs or creeps better in warm weather, so covers better. Worked a treat on my leaf springs too, they seem to work properly now. :-)

Reply to
Bob Hobden

in article btgevb$6t3q4$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-173294.news.uni-berlin.de, Mike T at snipped-for-privacy@rowing.org.uk wrote on 7/1/04 8:11 am:

Wait 'till next Summer ;-)

Reply to
David Sillitoe

David Sillitoe wrote in news:BC220179.3309% snipped-for-privacy@sillitoe.com:

Hire an industrial heater.

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue

Do you know anyone with a polytunnel which is empty for the winter ?

Reply to
Mac

which waxoyl product is recommended for our LR's, they have so many different types avail. Is the Gravelgard XL the one I need & does it make sense to use it on a 4yr old car ?

tnx Erik - Antwerp

Reply to
Erik De Keyser

Use a pressure washer with hot water and then shove a couple of fan heaters underneath it.

As an aside, I use a fan heater inside the 110 on really cold days, with the cable passing through my letter box, so that I can switch it on as I get up. By the time I'm ready to go out, not only is the car nice and frost free, but it gives me great pleasure to watch my neighbour trying to scrape frozen newspaper off the windscreen of his nice clean car.

As a further aside, which doesn't have anything in particular to do with Land Rovers unless I crash it, my wife has instructions to scatter my ashes on a windy day upwind of the car in question, as my ultimate gesture to the car cleaners! Cheers, John

Reply to
John Stokes

Or the local bus depot! They have nice pressure washers and steam cleaners and the service ramps to park on. Haven't done it myself but have a friend who swears by this.

Reply to
pl.white

Ah, that reminds me of walking along a stream in Nepal and being covered in ash raining down in amazing quantity such that we were choking on it. On rounding the next bend we came across a funeral pyre surrounded by the family of the dear departed!

Reply to
Bob Hobden