Weber or Edlebrock!

Hi all, RPI are saying that they cant get the Weber 500 now and they go on to mention the Edlebrock carb are these the same carbs if anyone knows .. Also has anyone used the RPI coils and dizzy on this group..

Rich

-- To reply remove " spam "

Reply to
Rich

the weber 500 and edelbrock 500 are the same carbs . 500cfm 4 barrel .

why not just run a 600cfm holley vacuum secondary carb , these will run ok on a rover v8 and if its tuned will supply more than enough fuel for it , they are cheaper than the 390cfm which is normally used on a rover v8 .

see below EDELBROCK PERFORMER carbs

EDL-1404 edelbrock manual choke 500cfm $ 225 .

EDL-1403 edelbrock electric choke 500cfm $280

you can buy them from SUMMIT RACING akron ohio in usa

you can buy direct from these people , they ship to the uk and have been for last 20yrs , youll have to pay VAT and import tax and customs clearance fee , but basically the price will more or less end up same in uk pounds or less as it is in dollars.

you can probably buy the edelbrock/weber 500cfm carb from REAL STEEL on 01895 440505 , just quote the part numbers from above [whichever choke type you require ] to be honest REAL STEEL are much more up on rover v8 carburation using american holley and edelbrock carbs than anyone else , plus they stock all the spares for holley carbs, including jets and chrome parts and allsorts .

other than that buy either a 390cfm or 600cfm vacuum secondary carb from REAL STEEL .

you can buy an adjustable vacuum spring kit and diaphragm for these so you can set when the secondaries open , also can get different accelerator pump discharge parts etc .

youll need a decent fuel pump with these, either holley or carter electric and adjustable pressure regulator , facet arent really up to full throttle accelerating with these carbs .

tons of goodies available for holley 4 barrells from summit racing .

for some 215cu inch buick/rover race parts there is TA PERFORMANCE .

take a look .

Reply to
m0bcg

Ok very interesting I have used Real Steel before so I will give them a ring

Thanks Rich

-- To reply remove " spam "

Reply to
Rich

I need to overhaul (cam, rockers ec...)my V8 Disco engine and have Real Steel very very unhelpful.

Richard

Reply to
Richard

...and Richard spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

Did the camshaft etc on my V8 in the trialler and used Rpi - useful advice over the phone and good service. Would trade again, as they say on eBay.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

I use Real Steel for almost all my engine parts (I rebuilt 12 V8 engines last year!) and I've always found their service to be excellent. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

On or around Sat, 10 Dec 2005 17:52:28 +0000 (UTC), "Badger" enlightened us thusly:

can't say I've had problems with 'em. I've heard a few people complain. But then again, I've heard a few people complain about RPi as well. Basically, I doubt you'll find any supplier that's not got *someone* complaining about them - everyone has off days, or gets something wrong occasionally.

'ere, what's happened to "Llama" David recently, speaking of suppliers?

Reply to
Austin Shackles