Weight of wheels

Have just put some (second hand) freestyle alloys on my 300 tdi 90 and am well chuffed - although looks aren't everything !!

One question asked "after the event"

Are l/r alloys heavier than original steels

Reply to
Julian Pollard

I think they are .. I had some 'after-market' alloys on mine (Mototechnica racing Saharas) which were extremely light .. changed to steel modulars which are quite heavy, then tried a pair of Freestyle Alloys which are very heavy! Surpsised me .. Now on 8J Steels .. ;)

None standard lightweight alloys ..

How it is now ..
Can't find a pic with the freestyles on ..

I didn't know how light my original Mototechnicas were until I changed them .. after I'd sold them! Wish I'd kept them, damn good wheels.

Reply to
Paul - xxx