Welding a new bulkhead mounting bolt thingie

Hi, When replacing the mounting point of a series bulkhead using a repair section, can you cut most of the door pillar off before fitting it? Thanks, Jon

Reply to
Jon

Thats the door pillar on the new bit, not the bulkhead..... Jon

Reply to
Jon

If I understand what you mean, then the foot part goes inside the bottom of the door pillar, such that the two round and one sqaure hole for the hinge line up. The two are spot welded together in the factory - something like a dozen welds. In the abscence of a spot welder, you can drill a series of holes and weld them up, if you see what I mean, ensuring the two are well joined together.

Richard

Reply to
richard.watson