What are Land Rover playing at.....

..a recall on late Defenders... for an oil leak!!!! How will I know when it's empty? Doh!

Reply to
hugh

Are you sure they're calling them in to

*remove* a leak and not to install one?
Reply to
John Williamson

Op Tue, 03 May 2011 02:09:28 +0200 schreef John Williamson :

Defenders have become a fashion statement really. I truly value me '82 Range Ruster; All the factory-installed oil leaks are still there... and working in perfect order!

Reply to
aghasee

Which reminds me. There was a noticeable lack of oil patches under my Series when I got back off tour yesterday. Time to top things up, methinks.

Reply to
John Williamson

Cracked it!! The recall is in respect of potential oil leak from rear of transfer box with risk of oil getting onto hand brake. So I'll know the transfer box is empty when the hand brake starts working :-)

Reply to
hugh

And that was the end of the Defender as we knew it....

:0)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D