What is this 110 all about?

I took this pic a while ago, so cant remember where it was.........

Does anyone know what this vehicle is designed for?

There was an attachment down the nearside, and a device attached to the front?

Any Ideas?

Mark

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

I believe it's testing the road surface for integrity.

Nige

Reply to
Nige

That yellow thing offside,on the roof rack, looks like a kind of GPS antenna. Maybe it surveys the road using satellite like they do the surveys on Tony Robinsons 'Time Team' programme...

Reply to
Wolverine

Could be testing the thermal pattern of the road surface for ice danger spots.

Reply to
Hirsty's

....to find an empty patch of road for another meaningless display of road surface art.

Reply to
Dougal

When I worked at the Transport and Road Research Laboratory (now TRL) they were working on a number of ideas to measure/survey/inspect the road surface from moving vehicles, to avoid coning off, etc. One idea was called the 'bump integrator'' and consisted of a trailer with a large weight on springs, the idea being that at 40 mph the weight stayed relatively constant and the trailer went up and down with the road bumps. They were also working on a number of ideas involving lasers to measure the profiles and surfaces. It looks as if it might be something similar - I can't decide what the logo on the door is, but it doesn't look quite right for TRL.

Reply to
Bob Miller

In news:xDfdd.247$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe3-gui.ntli.net, Hirsty's blithered:

This Page Cannot Be Found?