What's broken? "Sticky" reversing in RRC

I've noticed that when I'm reversing my 1993 Range Rover Classic (manual) on a loose surface it feels as if the brakes are on and the wheels aren't turning, just for a moment, and then they do, sort of skidding over the surface. Could this symptom be related to the transmission vibration I've been trying to identify for months? What might cause it? TIA for any insights.

Reply to
Andrew

Handbrake overadjusted?

Reply to
Dougal

Propshaft UJ goosed? Start with the one at the rear axle.

Reply to
Dougal

Or (if a 93 RR still has them) transmission handbrake shoes wrongly fitted.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Thanks for the responses. I will start at the back, since the front has been gone over very thoroughly, and see what I can find.

Reply to
Andrew

Viscous transfer box, if fitted?

Reply to