What type of White? + rear axle....

Hi all,

Trying to the find the 'correct' White to touch up my 1989 90....I've been down to Halfrauds and there's about 4 different whites for land Rover/Rover .... Does anyone know what the name of the White is for my

90?

Also, I want to replace the drum's on the back with discs. Seems ligocal to replace the entire axle/springs/shocks/diff etc. Question is what axle do I need to do this ? Will a Discovery 1 do the job and is it with in the grasp of someone with a general understanding (ie. tinkering/servicing/fixing) of Landies....?

Thanks in advance, Gavin

Reply to
Gavin

so Gavin was, like...

I think in 1989 it was Limestone or nothing.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Easy to find out. Just give LR a ring with your reg no and they'll tell you. TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

I think you'll find Austin Rover 'White Diamond' is the colour your after. Previous owner of my 90 did extensive research into colour and even some spraying on it. All was, of course, totally wasted. Should see the state of the finish now!!!

Stew.

Reply to
90ninety

I don't think it would be an Austin Rover diamond white that was used on the ninety unless it was a BT vehicle. BT diamond white was a later colour from 2001 onwards and even then it was a *Ford* diamond white.

Ford diamond white has it's own unique colour code "FOR.0691" and there are literally dozens of colour variations.

Austin Rover diamond white would be "ARG.665" again with several colour variations.

Land Rover did not use that many colours for 89-90 so this URL should help narrow down the search: "

".

Steve

Reply to
Stephen Hull