Whats yours called

Halfway .. does that mean it's a staright four with semi-auto box? :)

Disco 300 Tdi, no name, but frequently swore at when bits fall off.

AFL Landy pop.4 ....

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Right then - Every now and then we have a declaration of population, heres our family of Landies

Percy - 1964 IIa - Once Jag powered, currently Half way to a V8 and Auto conversion Snowy - 1990 110 CSW (In white oddly!) though I think Chewy as in Chewbacka would be more apt especially when parking (Steering box does a cracking impression of Chewy in full flow) Alfie - 1997 Disco ES LPG'd christened by the kids because er because init.

AFL Landy population 3 and counting....

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Bob the 101GS and Wendy the 101 Ambi AFL count Pop 6

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor

On or around Sun, 20 May 2007 20:55:34 +0100, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

I thought you were putting him back to standard?

Edward II: Series III LWB hardtop.

unnamed: disco 3.5V8i LPG - reg letters are GCL and sometimes it gets known as Good Clean Landrover, but it's not often that clean.

unnamed: 110 CSW with V8 and ZF auto; project vehicle when I get time to build the project.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Nothing changed since last time really,

Angus - 110, 4.7 V8, ZF4 auto, sequential LPG, loads o' lights, does about

2000 miles a year!! Called Angus on account of he came from Aberdeen.

Un-named - Disco II, 4.0 V8 auto, LPG, never really thought of a suitable name......

Badger.

Reply to
Badger

Alice - 1965 swb s2a currently being broken for Charity

email me for bits

Hilly - 1974 lwb s3 - bloody good fun

The Enterprise - 1994 v8 disco

afl pop 12 (inc Austins hence the jump from Steves post)

Reply to
GrnOval

Just the one landy for me, no names for my vehicles. The landy has had some rare attention today, have been getting high on Nitromors while stripping paint off the truck cab that's waiting to be fitted..

I think I might get a Series 1 80" though, rather than a Haflinger, I think one bonkers krautwagen is enough.

The landy's up for its weekly drive tomorrow, it's done just 1,300 miles in 12 months and still cost me £1,000 in servicing, parts and repairs!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Disco 2, called "The Disco" Series 2a, called "The Series".

Romantic or what?

Reply to
Rich B

Austin Shackles uttered summat worrerz funny about:

I'm sure I will be... but he's still sat with the Auto and V8 in but I never got to fire it up. I decided I was going to pass a works exam first..(2 years back) heres hoping , should know by the end of June then it's decission time.

I think a new chassis may be on the cards but then there may be a few other changes afoot that totally change extra vehicular activity.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

In article , Lee_D writes

Started off with "Loppy" SWB IIA

Then "Bluebottle" SWB III

Followed by Murgatroyd SWB IIA

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Simpson

1994 Disco 300 TDi named Edie, (pronounced EE - DEEE).
Reply to
Cyberwraith

K2 - 1992 Defender 90 200TDi - possible dodgy propshaft UJ's (thanks guys). Named after first two letters of number plate.

Not sure where we've got to with the population count, is anybody keeping track?

Dave.

Reply to
Dave

6-cylinder 109 SW - "Larry" 2.25 Petrol 109 Hard Top - "Knobby" Stage 1 V8 SW - "Red October" 107 SI Truck Cab - "Potato" 88" Series III Truck Cab/Hard Top - "Wonda" 88/109/Series II/Defender/Series III - "TheBrandNewLeopardSkinPillBoxHat" 101 GS - "StartYouBastard" (or "RJ" in public) 110 200Tdi CSW - "Dennis" 2.5D 90 Hard Top - "Granville" 90 200Tdi SW - "Hattie"

Richard

Reply to
BeamEnds

I've just this weekend waved goodbye to my 1965 SIIa SWB, affectionatly known as "Aunty Kev" in memory of my late partner. It's rather sad as I've put a lot of time and effort into rebuilding it from the ground up. But sometimes things have to change.

So now I'm down to just 3 landrovers, from the high point of 6 a few years ago. Mind you, only one of them is on the road.

1978 SIII LWB 2.6 (Awaiting dismantling) 1968 SIIa SWB (No engine, not a lot of bodywork - project in waiting) 1968 SIIa LWB Recovery (if it has a nickname, it's got 4 letters)

Just to add to the count, non-web friend of mine has 3, which I quite often drive/service/fix/drool over

1991 RR Classic Vogue 3.9 EFI - 77k from new, mint condition 1993 Disco 200Tdi - very tidy 1990 RR Classic Vogue 300Tdi - 2" lift, 7.50 MT tyres

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Bit obvious but the reg' on my late '92 RR Classic begins: LUI #### ... so he's called Louie ... but recently he's not been too reliable ... and I couldn't print some some of the names I've called him then :-)

Regards,

Colin

Reply to
CJ

In news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net, Lee_D wittered on forthwith;

At the moment I've only got two regularly used vehicles.

Rolf - Golf GTi Mk2 F'kin thing - Range Rover Classic 3.5 with Wood and Pickett and Janspeed mods. - blueprinted 3.5 with single turbo, massive intercooler, modified suspension and auto box, W&P single piece ally tailgate, W&P dash, W&P walnut bits, Harvey Bailey springs & anti roll bars and a habit of breaking at least once a week.

this week it's burst the tranny oil cooler and split an unobtanium stainless flexypipe that goes from the turbo to the downpipe. Oh joy. Easy jobs though, that's why I'll never sell it.

Reply to
Pete M

Lee_D a écrit :

95 Disco 300 Tdi ES auto - imaginatively named "Land Rover Car" by my 2yr old un-named 1972 Series III 88 2.25 petrol hard top

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

On or around Sun, 20 May 2007 21:28:11 +0100, "Badger" enlightened us thusly:

you still got the big trailer?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Hmmm....

2006 Range Rover Vogue SE Supercharged - 'Bagheera' 1996 Discovery V8i 4.6 ES Special - 'Piglet'
Reply to
Neil Brownlee

Do you ever sell anything, or does it all go on your vehicles?

Alternatively,

Do you ever buy anything in from suppliers, or do you just raid it from one of your vehicles?

:)

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Gray