wheel nut tool

Does anyone know where I can get an extractor tool for getting the cover off a locking wheel nut? The black plastic thing with jaws on the end. It's missing from the toolkit of the Disco 1 I just acquired. Google search and a look at the websites of the usual suspects suggest that they are only available as part of a locking wheelnut set, but I have the nuts and the metal socket - I'm just lacking the means to get the covers off. Which would, of course, disable the vehicle in the event of a puncture.

Cheers

Reply to
Richard Brookman

In message , Richard Brookman writes

You will get it off don't worry. The wheel brace normally does the trick.

Reply to
Marc Draper

so Marc Draper was, like...

Hehe, thanks - just found that out. Cheers.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Some suggest the plastic tyre lever out of a modern cycle puncture repair kit - havn't got one to hand to try it though.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

I've made a right mess of mine - you don't supply them do you Richard?

TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

so TonyB was, like...

Marc's suggestion about the wheelbrace is right - they twist off pretty easily with half a turn. Mine are a bit battered anyway - it looks like they have been twisted off and then re-seated with a blow from a monkey wrench. I guess the only solution is a complete set of new - CraPaddocks or somewhere seem to have them for about GBP35 for a set of five, which includes the plastic extractor tool. Since mine appear to work OK, I will probably leave it at that. On the other hand, if Richard has them...

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Nearly 7 squid for a bit of pressed metal, that'll come flying out of a production press at gawd knows how many hundred/hour. OK they are moderatly deep pressings but...

I lost one after doing the front/back wheel swap and the plastic tool has a prong broken off so if Richard has them at less than =A37 each...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Puncture repair kits? No problem....... ;-)

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Good-oh, I'll have four then.....

Don't tell me we've found something you don't supply? :-))

TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

Why not try you dealer Part no RRJ000120 Damn sight cheaper than £7

Mark

Reply to
Mark Dickinson

Is that the plastic removal tool or a nut cover?

I'll be in the vicinty of a dealer next week I'll drop by and ask, it had been mentioned that the tool is only available with a full set of covers...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Two, things I haven't heard about the little plastic thingy that the front tow point cover latches with on a Disco II. B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Sorry that was cover for nuts. Tool is available separately, just can't remember part number at the moment. Should only be a couple of quid including Tony tax.

Mark

Reply to
Mark Dickinson

That's easy - winning lottery tickets!

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

ANR5436 Wheel Nut Cover Removal Tool - Discovery II £3.99 inc VAT (Genunie Parts)

Now on the stock list!

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Thats the one! Too many part numbers, not enough brain cells..

Mark

Reply to
Mark Dickinson

As I said was near a dealer last week charged me =A34.20 inc VAT for the= removal tool, I also got a DZM00060 for 15p and some touch up paint.

Sorry Richard but I suspect P&P on an ANR5436 would be more than

21p...
Reply to
Dave Liquorice