Wheel Sizes

Apologies if its been asked before but does anyone know if alloys from a

2003 Disco TD5 will fit an '89 Defender 90?
Reply to
Andrew Cooke

Not directly - you'd need some wheel adaptors.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

TD5 Alloys have a smaller Pitch Circle Diameter (PCD) and will not fit an 89 Defender Be wary when fitting alloy wheels to early defenders as the centre of the hub fouls on the inside of the wheels and does not allow the wheel nuts to tighten the wheel to the hub fully. You risk loosing your wheels. The safest way to cure this but is expensive is fit wheel spacers and then your alloy wheel to these. Using a similar type of spacer you can also convert your hubs to take the later TD5 wheels

Regards

Brian Tonks Tonks4x4

27-29 Main Street Huthwaite Sutton-In-Ashfield Nottinghamshire NG17 2LD 01623 452885

Brian Tonks

The car currently has 16" Freestyle alloys fitted (I don't think there are spacers) but the chap selling me the car is keeping the alloys. Not sure how this fits with your theory Brian? I don't want to buy a set of alloys and find they don't fit, any ideas?

Reply to
Andrew Cooke

There is a possability he may have used a dremmel or such like to scollope out the back of the alloy wheels so they fit over the end of the half shaft caps.

Regards

Brian Tonks

Tonks4x4

27-29 Main Street Huthwaite Sutton-In-Ashfield Nottinghamshire NG17 2LD 01623 452885

Brian Tonks

Hi all - the wheels are Firestyle alloys from Nene Valley off road. They have the correct PCD for the earlier hubs, extension centre caps to fit over the axle ends and extra material designed into the wheel which makes them suitable for all 90's and even 110's with the higher loadings involved.

Reply to
Landylover

Pic link here for those interested.

Landylover