Where to find 4.0 Disco 2, dual fire spark plugs NGK BKR5EKPB

I just returned from my local Landy dealer who could not supply me with replacement plugs (dual fire) for my Disco. Instead they carry single fire Champion @ $16.00 canadian! Ouch!!!

There was some debate at the parts counter regarding the need for dual fire. One partsman claimed a very obvious difference in acceleration while another said there was nothing significant at all. Any opinions as to should I, should I not replace with same NGK BKR5EKPB, and where might I find them at a reasonable real world price?. TIA

Bananaramma

On or around Tue, 29 Mar 2005 17:13:10 -0800, Bananaramma enlightened us thusly:

I doubt there's a lot to be gained, provided the ignition is working properly. You can get ones with 3 or even 4 electrodes, and I give you good odds that they mostly only make 1 spark... About the only thing I can think would make a difference is that micro-scale differences in the mixture might mean that one or another spark-path is more viable, which could have a fractional (and minimal) difference to the spark timing.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I have wondered about the function of "splitfire" or multi electrode plugs. the HT is going to find the least resistive path through the air/fuel mix and discharge through that - IMO it will not create a second or third spark and intensity will be down to the HTV applied. better spending the cash on leads, coil and dizzy IMO.

Reply to
StaffBull

On or around Wed, 30 Mar 2005 21:27:49 +0100, "StaffBull" enlightened us thusly:

I did try 'em on something, made no discernible difference.

Reply to
Austin Shackles