Which Battery

With the recent cold snap, my battery appears to struggle. Which battery is the best for my Range Rover 4.6 HSE, an Exide Maxxima of Optima Red Top? Any good / bad experience of either? Are they really worth the premium over 'standard' lead-acid types? Are they worth it for standard road use?

Cheers, Chris.

Reply to
chris

I have a ten year old Optima Blue Top for marine use. It lays about for ten months of the year and then starts the boat engine. Also when my 90 alternator started playing up I used it for starting the Landy in between charges. They certainly have a long life. Peter

Reply to
Peter

I have the Optima Yellow Top and have no problems. Off-Road lights, Husky Winch....

Reply to
Jack

There's a optima red top in the 110 outside and it's doing OK, only failed to start once when headlights drained it to nothing. Even then, it started a 2l honda accord which then proceeded to charge it up ok so it would start the LR! Either battery would do well for road use, I'd probably buy on price and I wouldn't pay more than 140 for either. Since you're looking at good batteries, then try ODYSSEY, they make excellent batteries as well.

Regards

William MacLeod

Reply to
willie