Which Distributor

I have been having a little problem with my points lately. I am now on the point of contemplating replacing them with a lumenition set up, however I am told this is only available for lucas distributors, No idea which mine is,

I have a blue as against a red engine, that is to say an older 2.25 petrol, anyone know which distributor I am most likely to have, and how can I find out, cos I can't see any obvios indications as to which mine is.

Reply to
Larry

however I am

There will be a machined flat surface on the diecast body of the outside of the distributor just below the level that the caps sits on, with numbers stamped on such as '25D4' follwed by a number of the form

40944A and also a month/year date code. Given that number (the 40944A type number) you can find the correct advance retard setting and weights etc. I have a .pdf of all the Lucas distributors but if you google for TDC Engineering Marcel Chichak you should find it

Regards,

Andrew Mawson

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

...and Larry spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

If it's a 3-bearing engine, it's likely to be a Ducellier (small, domed top). I think all the relevant dizzies are interchangeable, though. Try the forum on

for a lot of well-informed and useful stuff.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

On or around Wed, 1 Mar 2006 19:06:45 -0000, "Larry" enlightened us thusly:

with a bit of fiddling, you can fit the electronic distributor from the "O" series engines. petrol sherpas, earlier rover 820s, and I think 2-litre maestros, also 1.7 marina/ital, if you find one in a breakers. 45D4 distibutor.

You need to get the drive dog off the LR distributor and fit it to the "O" series one. The distributor needs a positive supply from the coil in addition to the more ususal negative-side lead. This worked OK on a 2.5 petrol I had.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

There is a new electronic dizzy from Canada being advertised at the moment which is supposed to fit all 2.25 engines for a reasonable sum of =A390. ACE 07854 399124 snipped-for-privacy@rocky-mountain.co.uk.

Sean

Reply to
sean101ryan

The Ducellier almost always has a brown cap and rotor arm.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

I now discover that it appears to be a Lucas DM2, at least it has DM2 stamped on it.

Reply to
Larry