Which is better off road - Range Rover or Discovery?

I seem to have seen more Discos off road than Rangeys. Maybe 'cause they're cheaper and not afraid to get dirty?

Comments?

Reply to
Figaro

Same chassis little difference. Fewer Range Rovers about, Discos cheap and cheerful and easy to mod with loads of aftermarket suppliers.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Same chassis/running gear. Same off road performance generally. Disco's more prevelant because they're more common, more available, cheaper and more likely to be diesel. Interior of Disco is also more plasticy and probably better suited to getting dirty/muddy

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Early ones are the same Chassis... later P38 L322 are different platforms.

Boils down to the crap fitted such as valances affecting approach angle, running boards affect rake over angle and towbars generally affect departure angle. Otherwise much the same.

Lifted suspension helps but never gets over the fact the diff is still 7 inches from the ground. Taller tyres again can help here but also may become a hinderance with articulation unless lots is spent on the suspension to get the best possible advantage.

Off the production line then figure them as comparable , 90 will out perform both due to better angles all around. Much depends on the driver, many of whom bottle before the car.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

i never bottled in any car :) I SO need another LR

Reply to
Nige

True enough, nor Bill... if I recall the car bottles it first ;0)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D