Which tunes would you ban??

OK, a bit of seasonal madness from one not wanting to be left out!

I was musing today about some of the music played on the LR radio.

Tunes with a deep resonant beat could be confused with a big end knocking. Smaller, high end repetive beat -- small end going. Etc., etc.

I did think of penning a request to Mr Wogan on behalf of the driver's of older vehicles. Perhaps these misleading tunes could be banned? Many a true word spoken in jest, he says, as one did have a mysterious under-tone which had me pulling into a lay-by and crawling underneath! It was only when I had got truly filthy that the true source of the noise hit me! :(

Anyone here been similarly caught??

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue

ANY tune that has the inbuilt ringtone of your phone in your pocket built in, likewise the one that has the doorbell or phone whilst listening loudly !!!

They do my head in!

Nige

-- Subaru WRX (The Bitch)

Series 3 Landrover 88" (Albert)

__

Reply to
Nige

So Derry Argue was, like

Anything mentioning Christmas, eg "I wish it could be a merry little white Christmas every day, so here it is, pa-rupapumpum, Santa." It wouldn't help with Land Rover-related noises, but it would help my sanity.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

I've had a hissing sound that had my head on one side, trying to figure out if a tyre was deflating, but it was just tape hiss from a rotten recording of an old tune I used to listen to when I was a kid..

This was in the normal car though, I took the stereo out of the landy, couldn't hear a damned thing! Every song sounded like flap flap rumble clank whistle rattle, now I know that music doesn't sound so good these days but there are limits!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

New Order, "Blue Monday". The intro sounds just like something majorly mechanical giving up!! Queen, "I want to break free", what my rear prop rear u/j sings to me on an annoyingly regular basis! Badger.

Reply to
Badger

Theres a very large number of tunes that seem to have sirens in.

Always makes me concerned until i work out its only the music.

Reply to
Tom Woods

An Art Of Noise tune, Paranoimia I think, starts off with the sound of an engine trying to start, then firing, then firing again and so on, then goes into lots of dripping sounds plus the sound of tyres skidding, and a voice saying "paranoia".... Made for Landy driving!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I was commuting a couple of weeks back in the Rangie... turned up the radio to overcome the 65mph rummble.

On the way home the radio popped. Buggering thing ain't worked since. Only bright side is I'm not doing motorway miles presently.

Those mobile phone ones always get me.... none sound owt like my phone which is even more annoying because it means someone sneaked in the boot and is waiting to mug me of my £3.25 and a bit of fluff at the next set of traffic lights. Mind you I'd like to see the look on there faces as they slide down the dog guard only to be impailed upon one of my projects I've been meaning to pull out of the boot for a while :-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Bit off topic and not LR related but ....

Whilst driving my bosses Jag some time ago and listening to Tubular Bells on the tape (gives you some idea of the time scale :>)) I was all alone in the car a some IDIOT in the back seat said 'GRAND PIANO' and I nearly went off the road looking for who it was.

MAB

Reply to
MAB

Amen, I'll agree to that. Scares the crap out of me at least 5 times a day, thinking there's summat big and looming behind me.

Dave

Reply to
Dave H

So MAB was, like

"Come in, Rodney Slater on the saxophone!"

Reply to
Richard Brookman

After installing a DAB radio and having my first reception dropouts in the L band I had been worried for minutes that my engine is going to blow up or something else really expensive is happening to my car. Really took me a while to realise that it is just the radio reception

*g*

Everybody who knows the funny sounds when loosing DAB reception should know what I mean *g*

regards - Ralph

Reply to
Ralph A. Schmid, DK5RAS

Whow, I really have not heard this for years, and in fact I forgot this song, but, yeah, great example!!!

regards - Ralph

Reply to
Ralph A. Schmid, DK5RAS

in article cqchoo$37k$ snipped-for-privacy@titan.btinternet.com, Richard Brookman at snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.com wrote on 22/12/04 7:26 pm:

Bruce says he couldn't agree more, and while they were at it to ban Christmas.

Reply to
Nikki Cluley