Who knows how a Range Rover speedometer works?

I've got a '93 RR Classic with an electronic speedo. I bought it with a non-original odometer, so I decided to roll it forward the 50K miles required to make it accurate.

Having done that, the speedo is now very flaky. Sometimes it moves when I change speed, sometimes it doesn't. When it does, it's *very* jumpy. It will jump by 10mph, say, at once. It's almost as if the magnet is binding somehow, but it moves freely. And I don't know the correct way to orient it to read 0 at 0mph, etc. - it may be off by many mph across the board.

So, any ideas? Help!! Thanks,

Seth

Reply to
Seth