Will a TD5 run on half cooking oil?

My TDi300 runs well on half cooking oil but I understand that the injection system on a TD5 is different - can someone enlighten me please?

Tony

Reply to
Tony

Seals in TD5 injector pump not good for bio!

Reply to
GbH

Bio or SVO - there is a difference!

Cheers

Peter

Reply to
puffernutter

ng oil which has simply been filtered. (Would use more cooking oil in warme= r weather.)

regards Tony

Reply to
Tony

Sorry, I should have been more specific, I meant 50% diesel 50% used cooking oil which has simply been filtered. (Would use more cooking oil in warmer weather.)

Tony

Reply to
Tony

Considering the close tolerances in the TD5 "unit injectors", and the costs to get them fixed. I'd stick with the real (expensive) stuff, if you want to mix it, use Bio, not just cleaned veggie, as at least the Bio stuff, will have had the glycerol removed.

Funny how SVO/Bio is more suited to older lumps, where as the modern stuff is suposedly less suitable. Also, how come here in the UK, VW will if they find even propper Bio in the system will void the warranty, where as in Germany, the exact same vehicles run on the stuff just fine, in fact they recomend it! Politics of course, rob us blind as usual.

DJB.

Reply to
Dave Baxter

I find that curious as bog standard pump "dino" diesel can be up to 5 or is it 10% bio diesel...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice