Window seals

All,

I have quite a lot of water coming in my 110, definitely through the windscreen (well, from around it ;-) and probably from around the right hand side roof window. (Oh, and the rear door window is also leaky, but that's an easy one.)

Anybody has any advise on changing the seals? The RAVE CD is astonishingly quiet about that.

TIA,

Fred

Reply to
Fred Labrosse

I have seen various posts on changing the windscreen seals, but all seem to concentrate on the difficulty. I have used successfully used Dum Dum sealer

on the cracks in the rubber seal, but it's a bit like the Forth bridge. Alternatively if it's really bad you might find a crack in the windscreen and be able to claim on the insurance for a replacement screen and seal. I've also used the Dum Dum on other window seals. Remember; "All Land Rovers leak, but they let it out again with supreme efficiency!" - I know my one does :-)

Bob Miller

1990 ex-RAF 110 3.5 V8 17KJ83 1967 3/4 ton Sankey 09ES17
Reply to
Bob Miller

> on the cracks in the rubber seal, but it's a bit like the Forth bridge. The wind screen one is cracked all around! The roof ones are so dry (even when it rains ;-) that I now have lichen growing on them!

You obviously didn't say that...

I know, but I'm tired of having my feet wet when driving under rain, especially in the summer when I get a chance of having less than heavy boots (I know, not very often ;-).

Fred

Reply to
Fred Labrosse