Wing Mirror Upgrade

I was wondering if I could get some more wing mirror for my Defender 90 CSW

2002?

If so were? and how good?

Regards JJ

Reply to
Frank

On or around 24 Sep 2004 07:37:09 -0500, "Frank" enlightened us thusly:

are they different from the earlier ones? if not, then they're pretty standard items.

unless of course you mean "different mirrors".

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I used to see plenty of the shatterproof (polished metal I think) military types at the likes of Sodbury Sortouts. Must have been at least twice the size of a standard mirror head. Saw some HGV type ones as well, heated.

Unless you really mean wing top mounted mirrors instead of door hinge mounted mirrors.

All the best

Reply to
wayne

I have genuine wing mounted mirrors, and actually although the view is not as good to the rear as the door mounted ones, (I have a door mirror on the drivers side aswell) I find that the wing mirror is in my field of vision when driving unlike the door mirror. The more the merrier :)

-- Larry Series 3 rust and holes

Reply to
Larry

Shatterproof Stainless wingmirrors are crap. We had some buses fitted with them, they got dirty 4 times more quickly, didn't reflect as well, and had interesting dimples and strange magnifying effects where the metal wasn't quite the right shape.

In the end the Union vetoed them, insiting on re-fitting of proper mirrors.

Alex

Reply to
Alex