Wiper Arms - Splined drum

Hiya, some local T**T has decided it would be good fun to rip a wiper off my

90 (1999). Found it in gutter about 100 feet away all bent up. Problem is this: When it was ripped off, it has damaged little splined drum that fits between linkage and wiper arm and held on with an allen head screw (part Number: STC987). I have bought a new arm and drum, but CANNOT undo the old one as the head of allen bolt is chewed up and none of it is visible to be able to grip it with anything to remove. Any suggestions on how to remove it and the splined drum. Please?

Dave

Reply to
Foxhunter

Thanks for that! Will be doing it in morning. It is NOT shiny, honestly! Well she who must be obeyed says it aint anyway! Mind you she say a lot of nasty things about it!

Dave ;-)

Reply to
Foxhunter

That's an easy one: an angle grinder. Use a old sheet to protect your screen/paintwork seeing as you have a shiny new vehicle. I don't think I've ever seen one of those drums coming off with the allen screw :(

Just grind down a flattish edge a tiny bit above the shaft - you DON'T go all the way down to the shaft! A pair of vice grips and it'll fall off in your hands :)

Regards

William MacLeod

Reply to
William MacLeod

I drilled the allen bolt out on mine. I don't recall it being a difficult job...

cheers

Dave W.

Dave White