Wiper parking

Fed up with this LR (summat every day) Now mi wipers park where they want as I switch them off intermittent is no more, just keeps wiping. Def 110 Hi Cap Lost my rave cd so cant look owt up. Is it a relay job or new motor? Cant seem to catch switcing off at bottom o screen. That's what is annoying, other than that I could put up with it. Love it really !!! Stu

Reply to
tomtom

Yep must be the RAVE breeding season mines awol atm try here instead

Derek

On or around Thu, 28 Jun 2007 21:36:21 GMT, "tomtom" enlightened us thusly:

It'll be the self-park switch in the motor. I've had one do that occasionally. If it doesn't fix itself you can do a temporary fix by disconnecting the self-park feed from the motor, at the cost of having to park the wipers by hand as in the old days...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Sounds like a switch problem to me as you have two problems - not parking and no intermittent!

Reply to
Peter

Definately the park switch.

Richard

Reply to
BeamEnds

Agreed. I bought a new motor but was able to fix the original one by drilling out the rivets that hold the wiper gearbox together and cleaning up the self park switch parts, re-grease with vaseline and reassemble with nuts and bolts. It's lasted the winter. Disco 1 btw. Cheers Graham

Reply to
Graham Bowers