wiper problem on defender

Windscreen wipers have stopped working correctly. The intermittent acts as if it was on continuous wipe, stop wiping, wiper blades do not return to rest position. Checked fuse in main box, replaced the control unit. Still the same, is there another relay or fuse in the system.

Reply to
Williamson

I've not had landie wipers apart but on the ones I have had apart there are a set of contacts in the unit which when the wipers get to the stop position make contact and send a voltage to the relay that either stops them or causes the stop for the delay.

sounds like the contacts need cleaning in the unit.

Lee D

-- ________________________________

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D

Lee's right, this problem is caused by the breaker switch in the wiper motor assembly itself being faulty, a cam moulded onto the main wiper drive gear breaks the circuit when the wipers are at rest, currently your circuit is permanently open. This can be caused by corrosion on the contacts or a lack of grease making the switch jam open. Should be possible to fix without replacing the motor (give it a good clean out) although I'm not sure the switch is listed as a spare part. Hope this helps, Fergus

Reply to
Fergus Kendall

Switch is available as a spare from Lucas, at least it is for a J reg. 90.

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon

Reply to