Wiring fault...any ideas where?

Hi,

I've got a strange (earth I guess) fault on my S3 Lightweight 2.25petrol. I can't track down where it is coming from for all the poking of the multimeter into random wires.

The symptoms are:

Indicators work Full beam flash (on indicator stem) works Headlights/side lights/tail lights do not work Hazard Warning lights do not work, but if they are turned on then indicators stop working Dashboard lights do not work Horn works Wipers and wash works Starter motor/ignition/engine work

Writes that should be live seem to be earth wires, but I can't work out where the earth is coming from. The vehicle works pretty much perfectly otherwise.

It all worked perfectly before I blew up the engine

) months and months ago, but I've now got a new engine in and having these problems...

Any help would be great!

Thanks, Graham

Reply to
Graham Allen

Forgot to mention, its 24volt!

)

Reply to
Graham Allen

Sounds like a blown fuse, the sidelights, tail lights, dashboard lights and hazard lights are probably all on the same circuit.

If the feed is missing on a circuit, then it will sometimes show as earth, as it will earth through any components wired to that circuit.

What are you doing the testing with?

Reply to
SimonJ

Did you test the switch? That was my problem.

)

Reply to
Jack Kerouac