Workshop Manual.. Which one?

Hi all.

Sorry to be a bit stupid here:

I've been looking on ebay for a reasonably-priced workshop manual for my V-reg V8i ES Disco2. (You know, - the LPG one with the TC, ABS and HD warning lights on!). I want a book, - not these damn CD rips.

Anyway, the manuals (and presumably the manufacture) changed in

2000. However, my reg document states that the car was registered on 27/1/2000.

So, is there any way of identifying whether it is a 1999 model, or a 2000, so that I can get the correct Workshop Manual? If it's any use, the numbers are... VIN/Chassis: SALLTGM27YA242105 Engine: 56DA21744

Thanks, - and merry yule and all that stuff.

Howie.

--

Apply the usual ROTten Baker's-Dozen to the following to reply by email: R-Znvy: hfrargNGpbnxyrl.pbQBGhx Fxlcr: ubjvr10

Reply to
Howie

Howie Merry Christmas,

your Disco 2 looks like a 2000 model year.

1999 model year vehicles had a "W" where your vehicle has the "Y" on its VIN. 2001 model year vehicles had a "1" instead of a letter.

So it appears that it must have been assembled after September 1999 which effectively makes it a 2000 MY vehicle.

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

Haynes do one, it's not great, but better than a CD rip.

Reply to
Nige

Before buying you could always download a manual ( costs nowt only online time ) and check if it corresponds to your model.

Be suspicious of ebay sellers quoting less that £5 postage I have the D1 manual it is 3 inches thick and weighs in at just short of 3 kilos. BTW 'RAVE' and for that matter Microcat are available for download at
Derek

Reply to
Derek

There's a wider choice here:

But for the Disco 2, I think that you're limited to the 'RAVE' disc as mentioned above.

... and don't expect to find anything about LPG there!

Reply to
Dougal

And what is the problem with CD rips ???

If you need to print the whole thing, user a laser, or go to your local print shop and get it bound.

I just have mine in ring binders, the 650 pages of the Discovery Electrical Trouble Shooting manual is worth every page....

A Haynes manual dosn't run to 650 for the whole thing never mind just the electrical stuff.

Max

Derek wrote:

max

On or around Wed, 26 Dec 2007 20:46:07 +1300, max enlightened us thusly:

the CD manuals are excellent. I have the LDV shop manual as well as one of the raves.

I also have a proper genuine LR disco manual, on paper.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

| |Before buying you could always download a manual ( costs nowt only online |time ) and check if it corresponds to your model. |

Be suspicious of ebay sellers |quoting less that £5 postage I have the D1 manual it is 3 inches thick and |weighs in at just short of 3 kilos.| |BTW 'RAVE' and for that matter Microcat are available for download at |
| |Derek | Thanks. Good idea. I didn't know you could do that.

:-)

--

Apply the usual ROTten Baker's-Dozen to the following to reply by email: R-Znvy: hfrargNGpbnxyrl.pbQBGhx Fxlcr: ubjvr10

Reply to
Howie

|> Before buying you could always download a manual ( costs nowt only online |> time ) and check if it corresponds to your model. |>

| |There's a wider choice here: |
| |> Be suspicious of ebay sellers quoting less that £5 postage I have the D1 manual |> it is 3 inches thick and weighs in at just short of 3 kilos. |> |> BTW 'RAVE' and for that matter Microcat are available for download at |>

Excellent, thanks.

No, I need a Landy installer who can do the necessary service and tune-up on my LPG system. I bet the nearest one to Torbay, Devon is hundreds of miles away!

Reply to
Howie

|And what is the problem with CD rips ??? | |If you need to print the whole thing, user a laser, or go to your local |print shop and get it bound. | |I just have mine in ring binders, the 650 pages of the Discovery |Electrical Trouble Shooting manual is worth every page....

I'm just a bit old-fashioned like that, I suppose. | |A Haynes manual dosn't run to 650 for the whole thing never mind just |the electrical stuff.

I try to avoid haynes. But I take your point.

Reply to
Howie

|On or around Wed, 26 Dec 2007 20:46:07 +1300, max |enlightened us thusly: | |>And what is the problem with CD rips ??? |>

|>If you need to print the whole thing, user a laser, or go to your local |>print shop and get it bound. |>

|>I just have mine in ring binders, the 650 pages of the Discovery |>Electrical Trouble Shooting manual is worth every page.... |>

|>A Haynes manual dosn't run to 650 for the whole thing never mind just |>the electrical stuff. | |the CD manuals are excellent. I have the LDV shop manual as well as one of |the raves. | |I also have a proper genuine LR disco manual, on paper.

OK. I'll do as I'm told. You've worn me down. ;-)

Reply to
Howie