Would this work - petrol & cooking oil???

Ian Hi

I was of course kidding about the heating oil. Who would have done such a thing to avoid paying the crazy government taxes????

It is just a joke in order to make Toni laugh.....

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

Some of us prefer the less sunny weather, I personally don't handle heat very well at all, it certainly doesn't rain all the time here, far from it, but sometimes, when it does rain hard, it's very nice to sit indoors looking out the window at it. Then again I grew up in Scotland and for a lot of the time I couldn't do much else so perhaps my mind has been turned by it all ;-)

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Pantelis, you're a bastard. ;-) It's mid-winter here and the hail, gales, lightning and torrential rain are starting to get to me. I'm stuck in the city working where the nearest I get to needing a 4WD is to take the piss when dropping me lad to school (the Series seems strangely out of place amongst the Cayennes et al). Still, school hols start next weekend so the boy and I may just go 'sploring the wilderness for a few days and see what mud we can find.

Reply to
EMB

It's nice and warm in Dorset right now, sunny, no rain, the longest day of the year has passed recently, might go and swing around in the hammock later with my laptop and a cigar, and get some "work" done ;-)

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Shortest day is history here, so it gets better from here to Xmas. If it weren't for family responsibilities I'd join you in Dorset but I have logfire, laptop and Laguvalin so I'll survive.

Reply to
EMB

Well, it's not all roses, I have to stay near a toilet right now as I cooked for myself yesterday!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Ian Hi,

I totally agree with you.

You see despite living in Greece rain is also my favourite and strong sunshine is definately not my thing. Sufficient to say that when the weather is hot (above 26 degrees) I always try to stay within air conditioned spaces.

And Scotland is one of the places of the Earth where I would like to live.

(by the way the Apline part of the Greek highlands is very much like your Highlands. Sounds crazy but it is true.)

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

Reading it from you makes me laugh and be happy. (no heartfeelings do not worry)

I would be extremely happy if I were able to exchange some of the heat and sunshine with a nice few days of rain, some cold and a nice muddy track.......

School is over here in Greece since June 13th. Junior is ready to leave for Northern Greece for the action camp. (it is run by the same people with whom we jointly selected the Greek Camel Trophy team members)

Hopefully his mother and I will join him for a week over there.

Anyone who is interested to check about this area can google for "Elati", "Pertouli", or "Neraidochori" in the Epirus region of Northern Greece.

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

Ian Hi,

add a nice lead crystal glass with some fine cognac in it and I grab the first plane to Dorset to join you with my hammock !!!!!

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

Laguvalin.......

A nice malt alternative to the french version of the water of life....

Isn't this the lightly smoked one????

Take care Pantelis

P.S. I am unfortunately allergic to all kinds of whisky, vodka and schnaps (legacy of a youth spent drinking those spirits like Aquarepants SpongeBob absorbs water.

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

Ian Hi,

sorry to hear that.

I have found out (actually my sister in law who is a microbiologist told me) that Coke works like a dream into settling down upset bellies and stomachs.

IF you can stand its taste I would suggest you give it a try.

BTW what did you cook????

Today it was pork chops from the neck with the bone removed, thinly sliced (about 1 cm thick each) marinated in red sweet paprika powder, some curry, garlic, onion pulp, a bit of olive oil, home made vinegar and a bit of soy sauce and honey. BBQed together with Greek pitta bread (smothered with home made olive oil, some salt and origano), lamb and veal kebabs and fried bites of crusty chicken breast with breadcrumbs and french fried (kiddies lunch since 5 other children where at home today)

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

Close! It's Lagavulin. Pity that you can't enjoy it.

Reply to
Dougal

Necesary topic related input.

The french fries and crusty chicken breast bites were fried in olive oil which will eventualy find its way into the Tdis' fuel tanks.

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

Yuck, I'd rather have the iffy stomach ;-)

Fish and veg, nothing fancy at all, I'm a *terrible* cook, and very lazy too, if it can't all fit in one pan or a steamer then I don't bother. Today I bought some food from a deli instead!

Sounds nice but far too much work for my liking, it all comes out the other end looking the same!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Full fat Coke and Bananas, excellent if you have the squits to keep your fluids, sugar and salts up. Darn sight nicer tasting than the rehydration mixtures...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Reply to
Derek

really? would be good to know (a little of) the science behind that.

I've found that a bottle of your favourite spirit provides adequate protection & cure.

Reply to
William Tasso

And I do have a soft spot for smoked flavoured foodstuff.......

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

QUOTE ''' it all comes out the

UNQUOTE.

Ian Hi,

actually it doesn't. There are significant difference both in colour and texture/rigidity mainly having to do with the type of food you eat and the bacteria existing inside your stomach and intestines.

But then again I think we overdid it already. Not a very attractive topic of discussion unless of course you are a microbiologist (which I am not) or like related stuff (which I am not either)

Back to Landies !!!!

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

Nice tip this one Dave. Good to know for those days when full energy is required.

Thanks Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos