Wtd: Fuel Filter for 2.6 SIII

Do you have one sat gathering dust?

Sis is after a decent replacement... wants to stay genuine and doen't want to fix a 75p in line one... credit to her as I can't help bodgeing things myself.

The one off J-Lo is has suffered serious rot to the metal filter housing resulting in a very expensive return trip to brum.

Some one must have one somewhere

Lee D.

-- Project Percy - Jaguar 4.2 and Auto in to Series IIa 88 see it @

101Ambi '76 / IIa - Percy '64 / Rangie TD '90

alt.fan.landrover hall of fame -

Lee_D

Its the same as V8's, so finding one shouldn't be too difficult.

Richard

Reply to
richard.watson

I think ive got a diesel fuel filter housing/bracket thingy here. can you fit one of them to a petrol engine? (does the same thing doesnt it?...) I presume what you're after is one like wot the 101 has?

Reply to
Tom Woods

I've not seen it yet on Jay Lo...well, I must have..but never paid it any attention so from what Rich has said it sounds like it's going to be the same as Morphs but I've yet to compare them. I may flirt over to Ma and Pa's in Morph and to a side by side comparison... so that said assuming it's the same anyone got a V8 one spare ?? It's actually the metal bowl that retains the filter thats gone (again third hand info). I've already offered a diesel bulkead type filter but Sis is insitant it's to remain genuine/origional...Got it bad me thinks!

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

I could supply you with a £40 in line one machined from aluminium billet with a re-useable stainless steel mesh filter in it rather than a crappy 75p plastic one - it is just as convenient to fit but worth fitting.....

David LLAMA 4x4

Reply to
David_LLAMA4x4

Is that the K & N one then? .... I think it £38.75 over budget (What can I say..Shes my sister!) ;-)

I've seen these and very nice looking they are but I'd find it hard to justify anything sparkly on any of my trucks :-(

Oi Tim... when you replace your fuel filter with one of these shinneys can sis scrounge the old one ;-)

LeeD

Reply to
Lee_D

There've been a good few of these at every Sodbury I've attended, but the next one isn't until the spring :-(

Reply to
QrizB

Of course - I can let you have the old one for £45.

Scrapyard?

Sainsbury's car park?

Poggle Wood?

Coat....

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

Would you believe a genuine replacement is around £40 and not even the shinny K & N one.

Qriz thanks for the heads up. At present I'm told Dads done a temporary fix on it so all we can do is hope it will last till show season. Failing that I will advise a trip to the local scrappies.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Can anyone let me know the part number for the assembly

Cheers

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Just for a laugh I looked this up (p/no 90577064) - we can do it for 16.88 in VAT, which I must confess is a bit of a surprise! Havn't got one in stock, but give us a ring before 3.30 and I'll get one for Friday, all being well!

Richard

Reply to
richard.watson

See my reply to your previous post

Richard

Reply to
richard.watson

Now you've opened a can of worms.... don't order it just yet... I've spoke to Ma to pass on the word and that seems to be a far more sensible price to me than the £40 Paddocks uttered... Just to confirm .. this is the housing and not just the filter isn't it?

Anyway... Now you have me toying with coming along to a Newcastle and Nantwich club meeting... I'll run it by Sis too as she's got Jay-lo finished at the wrong end of the year so she's chomping to do something landrovery and there are no shows. :-(

Are the evenings still active??

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Not a K&N one, an XRP one - still from Californias though.... They look great agreed but a lot of the value is in the fact that they work well!! Just to add to the cost they come with JIC threads on them so the best way to fit them is as part of a whole braided stainless fuel system!!!

Go on treat your sister to a nice little gift...

David LLAMA 4x4

Reply to
David_LLAMA4x4

"David_LLAMA4x4"

Theres a time and a place for them...like on a comp racer yes. But as Sis has already specified she wants to stay origional it's out of my hands. I have questioned her sanity with the throw away ones but Have to take my hat off to her, Whilst it's never going to be worth millions it will while she has it remain origional. If only I'd paid this level of attention when I got Morph I may have realised he was a prototype before I gutted the ambi equipment, but then again thats not why I bought him, but may have change plans none the less.

Christmas is already sorted...as for treats... see the free labour .... ;-)

Lee D

--

- Landrover projects site ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D

Its the whole caboodle.

yep- last Weds of the month - I dont often attend myself, as I gone a got a girlfriend in Leeds which occcupies Weds evenings! Theres is a trial on the 30th a Biddulph (lovely site) by the way.

Richard

Reply to
richard.watson