WTD: Guide price advice - 200tdi Discovery

I'm about to spend some very serious silly money on Grumble and as these things go, there has to be some 'planning gain' with Charlotte.

Previous spendings have demanded a new kitchen and new bathroom (bathroom promised, but not finished, so I'm on very thin bargaining ground).

Charlotte wants a V8 Disco, with LPG as she has environmental leanings, and 5 door (some regulars may see something of a sychronicity happening here...) :-)

So, her current Disco, 200tdi, K plate, Black, 3 door 240,000 odd miles or so, may have to go.

A brief list of 'bits' done follow:

New Radiator New Alternator New Oil pump, Water pump and timing belt (Main Dealer fitted) Replacement Ashcroft Gearbox Replacement clutch Replaced shockers Tracker Clifford 'virtual key' immobiliser thingumie

5 new monular rims and Wrangler tyres (pretty much no wear). Terrain Master Steering guard and sill guards (not really off roaded though, sadly) Electric kit Original LR Radio cassette with full speaker kit (bass thing in back door) CATS system Sunroof 2 new (aftermarket) alarm keyfobs - 1 original Main Dealer fitter LR Driving lights Full Main dealer service history to 18 months ago, then full Warren service history - which I trust more. 2 owners from new, incredibly reliable and NO oil leaks Tax and MOT to end of December 2004 Jeremy J Fearn Intercooler (fitted by Jeremy)

I would strongly recommend replacing the rear discs. The rear door lock spring is bust, but works on the key (this is not as easy as it sounds to replace). Bodywork reasonable for age - paint bubbling on window pillars, back door etc. Door bottoms split but not any worse than many newer models! Inside is tidy, if a little tatty and back a bit 'doggie'.

This has, like all of our Landies, been well maintained (proactive, not reactive), looked after and proved - as I said above, remarkably reliable. The milage is scary, but this vehicle has never let us down and I'd put money on it not doing so if the purchaser maintains it as we have (which doesn't actually have to cost much - last MOT was 100 quid or so I believe - including the test fee).

I've no idea what it's worth and wouldn't want to feel I'd be ripping anyone off by asking -n- pounds, if you see what I mean?

Although I've been a frighteningly frequent 'buyer' on eBay, have never sold anything, so may need guidance from others who have if I decide to go down this route :-)

So, a price range?

Reply to
Mother

Yebut, I've insured Grumble for business use - so Charlotte can now use him for work ;-)

Reply to
Mother

Spooky!.... nooo really! SPOOKY!

I find there is only one problem with this plan when it come to fruition... you will quickly run out of excuses to just pop out in the Disco.

:-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Wed, 21 Jul 2004 12:05:51 GMT, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

well... I got mine for 1800 and it cost me another 900 plus a few days crawling underneath to buy and fit the gas conversion.

excellent 80-litre tank form Mr. Perfect, mind, dead easy fitting with 4 big bolts through the floor. slightly more hassle to fit the Allisport petrol tank, but that went in OK in the end, needs a couple of solid bits of anlge iron welded onto the chassis as brackets.

granted that decent V8 discos for 1800 are thin on the ground, you should still get a decent example (if you don't mind the "200" type) for well sub-3K.

gas conversion is open loop but with ecomax device, and has cunning injector harness gadget to cut the petrol - 2 of these, with wiring - they have a thing with 8 plugs in pairs, 4 male, 4 female. you run the wiring along one side and the pairs of plugs line up with the injectors, unplug the wire from the injector, plug it to the harness, plug the other plug from the harness to the injector. on the other end is a delay-relay, which cuts the petrol a second or so after the "gas" wiring goes live. this is alleged to stop it running lean in the changeover period. more recent ones have adjustable changeover delay as well.

these bits are part of why the kit costs 900 quid - the main part being the big under-floor tank and the ally petrol tank, which between 'em add 400 or so to a basic kit - but are well worth it for hassle-free installation.

I've yet to decide whether to put a relay in to cut the supply to the petrol pump; on the plus side, it'd stop the pump whirring away to no purpose while running on gas, on the minus side it'd probably mess up the changeover to petrol, since the petrol pressure might be low. however, it doesn't take long for the pump to get the pressure back up, so I might do that in the end, when ICBA.

Reply to
Austin Shackles