WTD: LH exhaust manifold for 89 110 V8

Anyone got a spare one kicking around? Mine has a crack in the flange where it connects to the downpipe.

/Simon

Reply to
Simon Birkby

Where are you ?

I'm fairly certain I have a couple kicking around at the back of my shed.... you can have them for nowt if you want to come and collect... I'm in North Yorkshire.

They came off a 1990 110 V8 (ex MOD)

cheers

Dave W.

Dave White

On or around Fri, 23 Jul 2004 18:01:43 +0000 (UTC), Simon Birkby enlightened us thusly:

is it the same as a range rover one? If so, I should have one here.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I'm in Surrey.

It's the LH one (looking from the rear) I need. If no-one else has one closer, I'd be happy to pay postage, if you don't mind posting it?

Just to be sure it's the right type, my (busted) manifold has a flange at the downpipe end with three studs spaced evenly round the circumference. It's the type where the downpipe has a corresponding collar that mates with the studs on the manifold so that when you bolt it up, it clamps the downpipe (gas)tight against the manifold.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
Simon Birkby

Dunno, don't know anything about Range Rovers. I've got a couple of SD1s and it's nothing like them - they've got a 4-2-1 arrangement either side of the V.

I tried to describe what mine looks llke in my reply to Dave W, above.

Where are you roughly BTW Austin?

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
Simon Birkby

There are two types of these that I've come across. Both have 3 studs but on one type the fitting is similar to a large olive joint, on the other the exhaust has a flat flange on it that locates in a small machined ring on the manifold. I'm pretty sure I have the earlier type.

If you contact me via email I'll take a picture of it this afternoon. Remove the _nospamhere bit of the address.

Shouldn't be a problem posting it if needed.

cheers

Dave W

Dave White

On or around Sat, 24 Jul 2004 06:56:43 +0000 (UTC), Simon Birkby enlightened us thusly:

sounds like the later RR injection ones, with a doubled down pipe and a flange with, I assume, gasket.

do your exhaust downpipes have a flare on the end, or a flange? The ones I've seen have a flared end on the pipe with a loose ring which is used to clamp it up to the manifold, using studs and nuts.

mid-ish wales.

Reply to
Austin Shackles