WTD: Springs and shocks advice.

Hi all, Got some cash spare for my 110's suspension which is a bit on the tired and saggy side. On monday I plan to source some parts, but where from? What I would like is a bit of extra height, fitting new shocks and springs should be an improvement on what its like now. I would fit a 2" lift kit but I don't want to fork out for the wide yoke props and longer brake-pipes and anything else I might need ( I'm not well up on this!). Scorpion Racing website only list a 2" kit, there are no prices either. Are there any suppliers of 1" lift kits? What comes in a 1" kit? Can anybody out there help?

Reply to
Wolverine

Twas Thu, 10 Jun 2004 18:20:28 +0100 when "Wolverine" put finger to keyboard producing:

I was thinking about this when I do my suspension as soon as funds allow. I thought about oem springs and shocks with 1 inch spacers all round. just a thought.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

On or around Thu, 10 Jun 2004 18:20:28 +0100, "Wolverine" enlightened us thusly:

you could try just fitting new heavy duty springs, that'd restore it to normal height - 110s are fairly high anyway.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Will these give it a harsher ride though? I 'd really like to change the shocks too. What combination of Shocks and Springs would you recommend for my 93' 110 Defender CSW. It also has a boge(is it?), self leveller, if it makes any difference to parts required. I'm not sure what the purpose of this is anyway...should I remove it? Leave it alone? Help!

Reply to
Wolverine

Twas Thu, 10 Jun 2004 22:02:03 +0100 when "Wolverine" put finger to keyboard producing:

Mine has a boge, it's aim in life is to keep the bum end at a constant height regardless of load, the correct springs for the rear axle are weaker too.

I'm intending using standard springs on mine as the boge is 20 years old and I fear it may break down and be too expensive to repair, leaving me with softer springs on the back.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Mr.Nice said: