You get what you pay for...

but even so, this wolf cherokee II compressor I've got here is crap even so. I don't expect a good quality machine for 70 quid, but neither do I expect the sort of wear it shows in not a lot of use. 'm going to see if I can find their address and write and tell 'em, yer never know, they might send me some replacement parts :-)

anyone got a decent compressor surplus to requirements, and anyone got any comments about the usual suspects (clarke etc.) as to quality or otherwise?

I'm inclined to hunt a decent make secondhand, I think; but I might go for a better-but-still-cheap new one.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Sun, 13 May 2007 18:12:39 +0100, Austin Shackles enlightened us thusly:

On which subject, Axminster have a small (7cfm, 2 HP, 24l) one which is about the size of the one I've got, but looks to be a more proper pump on it, with proper lubrication rather than "oil-free", for about 70 notes, or a

3HP 2-cylinder one for IIRC about 130. The latter would be nice, if I can afford it.
Reply to
Austin Shackles

does this help at all Austin

push the boat out tho' mate I never found the 24l had enough grunt to run my tools 50l is just enough so I'm not waiting for the comp to catch up.My new one is a Pro user from Makro just like
but rebranded everywhere - 6 months on and working well.Derek

Reply to
Derek

On or around Sun, 13 May 2007 22:50:06 GMT, "Derek" enlightened us thusly:

I hadn't found it, well spotted.

the 50l wolf hobby one is about the same price as the bigger one from axminster though, which claims to be trade rated; although axminster have "industrial" as a rating for their top-end stuff.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

It also appears to be the same as the one ALDI were selling for £70 or so recently.

Pete Harrison

Reply to
Peter Harrison

On or around Mon, 14 May 2007 11:50:40 +0100, Peter Harrison enlightened us thusly:

which, the wolf one?

The axminster one seems to have a more credible looking pump on it. I'll probably end up with the smaller one, nice as the 3HP twin cylinder one would be, on grounds of cost and the fact that it's available. Smaller one claims 7cfm, and is also about 70 quid.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

have a go with contacting them I've had dealings in the past and they were very helpful.

Derek Power is knowledge - I know I need a V8

Reply to
Derek