Zenith Carb faults

Seems to be that I'm having no luck with carbs at the mo!

I had carb#1 and carb#2, both Zeniths. one was fitted to my petrol 2.25 engine and the other was "kicking around in the back"

So carb#1 - starts playing up, symptoms appear to be an almost random change in idle speed, so setting the idle speed impossible. Engine tends to stall rather easily below lots of revs. When carb#1 was removed and replaced by carb#2, this problem went away.

Carb#2 - seems to have a different fault, the mix is way to rich and adjusting the mixture screw seems to do nothing, the mix remains rich and plenty of black smoke kicks out of the exhaust. Pulling the choke on even slightly causes the engine to kark it.

Soo... I've got a "overhaul kit" on order for a tenner. Anyone got any experience of overhauling a zenith? is it a lot of effort? anyone got any ideas what the above 2 faults could be, and if either carb is going to be easier to overhaul than the other?

Never took a carb to bits BTW, but don't think I've got much to loose. Any pointers welcome.

Ta Spozz

Reply to
Spozza