01 LS 430 UltraLux Passenger Mirror Quandry

I'm looking to replace the passenger-side mirror assembly. Specifically, I want to replace the motor as the up/down functionality isn't working. I'm trying to find a used part, but my mechanic and I are having a difficult time tracking one down.

Apparently there are two versions of the mirror: a Type A and a Type B. Mine is the Type A, which is much harder to find.

My mechanic is pretty confident he can just rebuild the one I have now with a replacement motor. He was also told by a supplier that the Type B part is the same as the Type A, so I'm wondering if the motor from the Type B will work in my Type A mirror assembly.

Is anyone familiar with the two different passenger mirror versions in the 01 UL?

Thanks!

Reply to
Allen G