1990 Lexus 400 LS Idling Problem

My engine while stopped is idling up and down rapidly. I was wondering if the turtle found out what the problem was. Can you please advise.

Reply to
7393

This is Turtle.

I have the same story here and here is the take on it.

I had a shop stop the surging but it just idles too high for me and does not have the power as it once did. They do know it is a electric problem but what part is the question. I'm sending it to a Import Dealer tomorrow for them to run their computors and stuff on it and see exactly what it is, but it will be Monday or tuesday before they can size it up. The computor for general auto use has stated that it lies in 4 things. Mass Air Flow sencer, Throttle Possion Sencer , EGV something valve, or the Air Filter vacuum sencer for the EGV something valve. To change all 4 parts would be about $1,000.00 and I'm not the pot luck kind of fellow so i'm getting a professional to tell me which it is before i go to part changing.

If you send me a e-mail I will let you know the out come. snipped-for-privacy@worldnetla.net

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE