1999 RX300 Transmission Fluid Leak

Hello,

I have a 99 RX300, 88K miles runs good, last week I notice some oil drops in my drive way, I looked underneeth and I do see a leak right around transmission area, the oil is around the nut, it is not a bad leak but I see some oil there and it does drop after a while, any ideas, easy fix.

Abid

Reply to
akhan

I'm not sure which nut you are talking about, but if it is the transmission drain plug, have you tried tightening it? Is the transmission case above the nut dry?

Reply to
Ray O

Yeah the nut is pretty tight, I can't tell from where but I am sure the leak is somewhere in the transmission case, the oil end up around the nut area.

Reply to
akhan

Is the leaking fluid transmission fluid or motor oil?

Check the gasket around the transmission oil pan, check to make sure that the transmission dip stick is fully seated in the dip stick tube. If none of those items are leaking, then the next step is to clean all of the drips and leaks and see where fresh oil appears.

Reply to
Ray O