2000 RX300 slight wobble with brakes

2000 RX300 - Front Wheel Drive - 52K miles

Hello friends:

My RX300 wobbles slightly at high speeds on the freeway when I press the brakes. The brakes do work fine -- I had them checked up sometime by AAA car center mechanic and he confirmed that the brakes are fine (he did not do a road test).

I am assuming the rotors need to be machined, right ?

Is this critical ? How long can I go with this ? The car is mainly driven as a soccer mom car. If I delay this .. what are the implications ?

Thanks for your assistance

Reply to
techtrainer61

Hmmm... AAA should pull the certification because it is impossible to throughly check the brakes without a road test.

The rotors may need machining or replacement, depending on their thickness and the amount or surface irregularities.

It is more of a nuisance than an impairment to stopping, except in very slippery conditions.

How long can I go with this ?

I don't know how long you can go with this, but the condition will probably get worse over time. You could keep operating the vehicle until the brake pads or rotors wear down to their minimum thickness.

The car is mainly

Like I said, most of the time, rotor warpage is more of an annoiance than a problem.

Reply to
Ray O

HI Ray O

Many thanks for your clear reply .... yes, I agree on AAA -- this brake check was through a coupon (year end free brake check) .. was free .. so that may explain .. but still considering their reputation, not doing a road test for brakes is bad.

-- Bill

Reply to
techtrainer61

You're welcome!

Reply to
Ray O

Can I buy a life insurance policy on you with me as the beneficiary?

Reply to
Michael MacMahon

Was this for me ?

Sorry, I missed the punchline here :)